Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

What do you do with a mouthy girl? mouthy mate?

      What do you do when your daughter just mouths off all of the time and gets so pissy for no real reason?  Mine gets so literal and nit picky and just plain nasty that it is unbelievable sometimes.  I used to act a little like her in the past.  But Praise GOD he fixed that for me.  It has been years since I have been like that.  My mom and I keep praying for her and doing our best to put it into God's hands.
      Putting a situation you are constantly in, into God's hands and leaving it can be difficult at times.  I do not always ask for God's guidance when dealing with her, like I should.  I do not always give grace as I should.  I am still learning about grace and how to give it to others. I was not taught that by my parents, or anyone I knew really, that I can remember anyhow.
     I am looking forward to a time where my daughter does not yell at me and where she will actually react to life in a calm and confident in God manner.  All I can do now is do my best with God inside of me to be the best example I can.
     This week has been trying.  I have won some battles and lost some minor ones.  God really helped me with my husband this week.  He has every night this week gotten angry/irritated/upset/argumentative (whatever adjective you want to use, just plain negative and nasty some times) with me.  He says he is tired but for some reason will not go to bed early in order to feel better.  I do not understand this.  But that is his decision.
      Yesterday, when I was nursing our son during his late afternoon nap on the couch, hubby wanted me to tell him about the dog kennel I had talked to.  He was talking very rudely to me and had attitude.  I was being very patient with him.  I would wait unil after he asked me something and give myself a moment to not be offended by his attitude.  I would then start to answer him and he would cut me off being rude again.  He kept badgering me about why I was not answering him and when I would try to answer his questions he kept cutting me off.  He then got really upset and stormed off.
      He kept this as his excuse to be angry with me the entire night.  He fussed all through  doing the dishes after dinner.  He would not talk to our daughter at dinner.  He complained about me to my daughter and told her why I was doing what I was doing.  When God said in the bible you are not supposed to judge another's motives.  You do not know why someone ever does what they do, or what obstacles they have in their hearts that they must overcome.  I do not know why hubby was so upset with me last night.  He says it is because I did not answer his question.  But I tried to, many times, and I later talked to him about it when he seemed to have calmed down.  But then he stayed upset.  Even after I apologized for hurting his feelings.  I did not feel I did anything wrong but I wanted to make him feel better.  I do not like seeing him so upset and hurting.
      I was very thankful that I did not engage his attitude and let it steal my joy!  I did not argue with him or do much to defend myself either.  Now I am so excited to make progress more in this same area with my daughter, as well!  That will be even more awesome to see God work that in me, too!
     Just keep good bible verses in your mind and heart, thanks to the Holy Spirit bringing them to your remembrance John 14:26.  I really like 2 Timothy 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear: but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.   And Exodus 14:14  The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.  1 Corinthians 13 has a lot about God's kind of love....  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.  God's kind of love is what we are supposed to show other people.  John 13:34 says that A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!