Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Monday, June 11, 2012

I do cloth diaper

     Just in case some did not know, I do cloth diaper my youngest child, he is almost 19months old.  I have used covers and prefolds.  I do use disposables at night because none of the inserts or prefolds I have  will keep him dry, not since he was around 6 months old.
      I did get a Kawaii Heavy Wetter night time (One size) diaper and it worked...while it fit.  It was just too small.  He out grew that before he was ever a year old!  And my son is not super chunky, fat, or huge by any means.  He is just your average little man.  I do not recommend these for babies over 15 pounds.  They are just small.  My Knickernappie pocket diaper cover in MEDIUM is bigger than the One size Kawaii overnight diapers.
     I have yet to own an all in one.  I am hesitant to spend the money this late in the game.  I am hoping my husband will build the potty chairs I had asked for soon.  If he doesn't I will just buy them off of Etsy. So, I do not want to spend all that money and potty train him right afterwards.
     The prefolds that I like the best are the Thirsties Hemp prefolds.  They hold way more pee than a cotton prefold.  The Thirsties Hemp prefolds are pricey.  But they hold 2-4 times more than the Imagine prefolds.  They are thinner, and less fluffy, so you can add a doubler or insert and still have a comfortable baby.  I have a few dozen of the Imagine prefolds, organic unbleached, from Nicki's Diapers.  But they really only hold one pee and that is it.  So, you have to be all over them.  They work while at home, but are not good at all for car trips or trips period.
     I like how trim a disposable is, compared to the prefolds.  My son does walk differently with the two diapers, too.  I, thank God, do not have a problem with diaper rashes with either diapers.  I account this to using chlorine free wipes and chlorine free disposables.  Also, I make sure I rinse my cloth diapers 4 extra times after washing them.  I also let me son run around naked a few times a day to air out. This is key, too.  We only wash him with a goat's milk soap.  Currently we use Zum bars.  But I really like Simple Life Farm's goat's milk soap the best.  I am going to be ordering some of it soon.  They make a citronella soap that smells nice and helps keep mosquitoes away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!