Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Unbelief and Black Bean Burgers

      Well, I am asking God to help me with my unbelief.  My daughter has had hand foot and mouth disease this week.  She has felt fine, but had the rash on her hands and feet and a couple of non painful sores under her tongue (thank God they are not causing issues with eating or drinking).  She has been quarantined.  Her rashes are going away.  I feel badly because I have not really felt led to pray over her for her healing.  Usually, I am much more on the ball with that.  I know God heals us.  He gave us His word to heal us ("He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. " Psalm 107:20).  Jesus took upon himself our disease and sin on the cross.  ("Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." 2 Peter 2:24)  God is His word.  ("In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1)  So I know in my heart that God has healed us all, that we just have to confess and believe and relax and it will be so.  I need prayers for my doubt to be gone and for my belief in God's love to be strengthened.  I want to rest in God's peace.  I want to have peace of mind like in this verse "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3.  And in this verse  "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind"  2 Timothy 1:7!  That is what I am yearning for in this life of mine, especially right now.  I want to know it is in God's hands and feel comfortable with that!  
      I would get so afraid when my daughter would get sick because she had had febrile seizures once as an infant and it scared me, a lot.  I am having to trust God more and not fall into the devil's trap of fear when my children show symptoms.  I do not worry so much now that my daughter is older.  But my son, being a toddler, I am having to trust in the Lord more now.  I want to break down this fear strong hold the devil has tried to put into my heart about my son and his health.
      On a lighter note,  I made a really good lunch today while my son was napping, before he woke up with a low grade fever.  It is a new recipe that I adapted.  I have the adapted one below.  I do not really measure everything when I cook.  So, bear that in mind.  I am giving rough estimates of some ingredients. 





Nicole's Black Bean Burgers
Makes 4 big ones

1 can of blackbeans rinsed and drained
Just shy of a cup of cooked rice
1 egg beaten
1/4 of an onion minced or a few scallions chopped
2-4 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
a few shakes of cayenne pepper
a shake of black pepper
1/4 cup or a tad more of dried bread crumbs  (I broiled/toasted some and then food processed it)


Puree/mash the beans and then add with a spatula  or spoon add the rest of the ingredients.  It will be soft and wet.  It will stick to your hands.  
Heat up a cast iron skillet with oil in the bottom over medium high.  I used olive oil, but any oil will work.  Once the pan is heated up then mound the burgers in your hand and slap them into the pan.  This flattens them all you need.  Wait three or so minutes, flip the burgers, and wait three minutes more and done.  Once done, put on the bun or bread on the plate.  Then repeat with rest of the burgers.
These are really tasty and a great use of leftover rice or beans. Economical and high in protein and fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!