Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Friday, June 8, 2012

French Toast

      I was never that big of a fan of french toast.  That all changed when I decided to make one of my loaves of sandwich bread into a cinnamon loaf of bread.  I thought, "Man, this tastes pretty good...I bet it would taste awesome as french toast."  Actually, I did not think that, I had one of those many moments when the Holy Spirit tells me in a little whisper, "make french toast with it".  So I did and I have continued to do that every time I make cinnamon bread.
      These pictures are from my last loaf that I had made.  I did not put it in a loaf pan, but let it rise into a long loaf.  I like it better for cinnamon bread.  It is very tasty.  And yes, I only cook mine in cast iron.  It is the all natural and original non stick cookware.

I ran out of the Saigon cinnamon my bestest friend had sent me.  I had to use EarthFare's organic, but it was not as good as the McCormick Saigon cinnamon, believe it or not.

This is the middle of the loaf.  I had mailed my dad a third, or so of the loaf along with some french bread I had made too.   It slices pretty well. 
This is about a 15 inch cast iron skillet.  I use it almost everyday now that I have it.  It is great for bacon, grilled cheese, french toast, hot dogs, you name it. It is also great for stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!