Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thank you God for your help today!

     I have my new old car, the 1966 Plymouth Fury 3.  Well, today, after an argument with my 9 year old daughter, we headed to her first karate class the school system set up for over the summer enrichment.  I let the car warm up for a few minutes, like normal and headed on out.
     When we got about a half of mile from the house, the car died at an intersection.  I knew it was about to, so I put my foot on the brake and one on the gas, to keep it idling.  The person in the SUV in front of me, just sat at the green light for quite a while, even after I honked.  So, the car died.  I cranked it a few times to no avail.  Then I thought I might have flooded it.  So, I went to call my husband and let it set a few minutes to try again.
      Then out of the blue a gentleman comes running up.  I can tell he works for our city and that he wants to help us.  I roll down my window, he tells me to put my flashers on.  He immediately lifts the hood and takes the air filter off.  He tells me to crank it and he proceeds to make it crank up.  He adjusts the choke and I am ready.  He told me what was wrong with it, the choke was sticking.  He asked if I had had it eating gas, I said I had.  He said that would do it, if it doesn't shut all the way.  He said that he had seen me drive by the other day and it had acted up then (I remember that day!) and he said it had had some black smoke, meaning it was flooding.   He showed me how to open the choke if it did it again. He was very kind and helpful.  I told him he was a blessing for us.  He told me to have my husband adjust it.  He told me to have a blessed day.
      I should have asked for his name, but I did not.  I would like to repay him somehow.  I know God will richly bless that man more than I ever could.  I hope to be able to bless him one day in return.  Thank you Lord for getting us out of the road and keeping us safe from harm.  God is so awesome!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!