Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Menu for the Week

     I follow a blog called Heavenly Homemakers.  Laura does a weekly meal plan.  I started doing this last week.  I have found that I do not follow it exactly.  Maybe it would be better if I just think out all of the possible meals and then depending on what the day throws at me, I will make one of the choices.  I know it is Tuesday, but here goes.  I start on Sundays but am going to just list all of the options for the week I have come up with since I have not mastered the menu planning as of yet.

Breakfasts

Potluck  (everyone picks what they want and eat it)


Hashbrowns with maple sausage links and cereal


Cinnamon Bread (homemade) french toast


Buttermilk and beer pancakes 


Blueberry loaf toasted with butter and side/s (hashbrowns, bacon, and or yogurt, etc)

Old fashioned oatmeal with maple syrup and cinnamon




Lunches


Black bean and rice burgers and chips


Sandwiches and side/s


Spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce


Frozen pizza ?


Egg salad sandwiches 




Dinners


Spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce and broccoli and homemade garlic butter bread


Beef  Tacos (soft and hard shells) (homemade seasoning mix) with sautéed veggies (Carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, jalapeños) refried vegetarian pinto beans, and fixings (salsa, cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, onions, jalapeños, sour cream, cilantro, lime)


Gorgonzola Fettucini Alfredo with vegetables and homemade garlic butter bread




Grilled chicken breasts seasoned with jerk seasoning mixed with honey, garlic butter rice, limey lima beans(you can switch from the lemon juice in recipe to lime juice) and sweet peas with basil and garlic


Shephard's Pie with sides


Veggie night with broccoli rice casserole 


Leftovers



As you can see, lunches tend to be where I have the hardest time. I do have a leaning towards fast food during lunch time.  It is easier when the whole family is home for lunches.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!