Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Homemade chocolate milk, the easy way

    I was looking recently online for a recipe for homemade chocolate milk.  All of the recipes called for heating the milk and sugar and cocoa up, then cooling it.  Well, I did not want to have to heat my milk up and wait for the chocolate milk.
    Well the Holy Spirit brought to my mind a solution!  Simple sugar syrup!  You take equal parts of water and sugar and heat it until the sugar dissolves and cook it a few more minutes.  Then put it in a glass  jar in your fridge.  BAM!  You have sugar to add to any cold beverage that does not need to be dissolved!
     This is great for chocolate milk, iced coffees, iced teas...any cold beverage.  You could even add it to a cocktail to sweeten it up!
    So, to make a tall glass of homemade chocolate milk, just add a heaping spoon full of cocoa and sugar syrup to taste.  You will need to whisk the daylights out of it...lol. But it is oh so good!  I use hershey's dark cocoa.  It is my favorite reasonably priced cocao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!