Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Prayers Answered and Fruit Flies Bye-Bye

    Well, tonight we had our prayers answered from God.  This happens regularly, our prayers being answered.  This one is just really important.  It says in the bible not to forsake yourselves from gathering with other believers.  Hebrews 10:25   We need the edifying and the support and comfort of being with fellow believers when you are still in the beginning stages of getting your momentum going and are in the beginning stages of setting the course of your lives in your family, too!  God brought us together with another family that follows Andrew Wommack and they have two kids like us.   They started a bible study and were very kind and open with themselves tonight. It was awesome to meet them!
     I had been praying for a good friend for my daughter...someone for her to be herself, a Christian, with and someone who is her age and kindness.  That was answered, too, praise God!  Their daughter is our daughter's age and into similar things, too.
     I am still wanting to homeschool my daughter next year and so tonight I have been looking for all kinds of math resources online to teach her some things this summer.  I am excited about that.  We are being more forgiving, thank you Holy Spirit, and giving more patience to one another...so it has really been an enjoyable time this week, with her.
     We had a small fruit fly problem in our kitchen and I got fed up with them. I did not know how to kill them without squashing them, which rarely works for me.  So, I looked online and a lady online said to use apple cider vinegar with liquid soap, a dash/few drops in it to break the surface tension.  It causes the flies to drown.  I now proudly have 5 dead ones at the bottom of the cup.  Yay!  I believe the lady was on about.com or a frugal living site.  Great cheap advice. I had just bought a gallon of that vinegar the other day.   Not a usual purchase.  Another one of those God things, where the Holy Spirit tells you that you will need them and you do later on.
    And believe it or not, I burned a batch of cookies today. I was going to bring oatmeal raisin cookies to the bible study.  But I over cooked them.  Not black, but too crunchy and dark brown.  Hopefully we will be able to bring them something in the future.  Maybe communion bread and wine?
     It is late, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!