Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My old dog Samson




     Well, my Samson is not doing so well.  He is a siberian husky.  He has gotten arthritis in his back legs and spine, the degenerative kind.  He just got it fairly recently.  I feel bad because I have healed him in the past, prayed over him and he was healed of worms.  So, I feel smucky for letting a vet speak death over him, even though he is almost 16 years old.  He will be 16 in December.  If he makes it that long.
     Today we went out back to hang some sheets on the line and he came out as usual, to be outside with us.  But he just seems worse.  His appetite has gone way down in the past couple of days, after it had gone way up for a while.  He was eating way more than he ever did before.
     We used the hose and rinsed him off because he had poop on his butt and tail, it turns out.  I was just wanting to rinse him off because he had gotten into some nasty stuff while walking about in the rain in the back yard.  He loves a good rain storm.  But while doing that I noticed the poop.  Poor thing.
     He just seems like it is taking a lot for him to hang on.   We put some rugs down in the dog room recently so he can get up and down easier.  The slick floor pictured is hard for him to get a grip on now a days.  I still have a part of my mind that feels like I failed him on a certain level.  That I should have gotten rid of Bajou and gotten him a new friend so that he would not have been hurt so many times  and so he would not be sad.  Well, I can not dwell on that, it can not be changed.
    What is the longest any of your pets have lived?  My cat is still going strong at 19.  She will be 20 in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!