Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

busy busy bee

     First, I want to say how awesome my husband is!  Within 30 minutes time, he used his pole saw and cut off a large maple tree branch off of a telephone line, pulled the branch with the truck (to detach it from the tree), and cut up the branch and moved it out of the alley/and our neighbor's yard!  How awesome is he!  God really blessed him with common sense and great motor skills!  Not to mention he is a machine and is really strong!  Our son and I helped tote little branches, but really we didn't do much.  He did it all and then went back to work!  What a man!  
     I have been really busy lately canning things.  I will post photos later but I wanted to tell you about them while I had the chance.  After making the Holy Spirit inspired blueberry jelly I decided to make Strawberry jam!  That turned out wonderfully, as well.  I do not like big chunks in my jam and so I blended it up more smooth, the way we like it!
      This week I made dark chocolate syrup and canned it!  It is the best chocolate syrup I have ever tasted in my whole life!  It is really good in fresh milk from the farm, too!  I am so blessed by God to be able to get fresh milk!
      Sunday, I made a small Black Devil's Food cake for my family at home.  Yesterday, I made bread for us, 3 loaves, and then I made a large Black Devil's Food cake for church.  We eat together before going to our small group studies.
      I am already contemplating what to bring for Sunday.  I would like to make some cinnamon rolls to bless everyone with.  Then I was thinking about homemade macorroni and cheese or another casserole for next Wednesday night.  Something more along the lines of dinner food.  Maybe even a breakfast casserole or brocolli rice casserole.  We shall see.
      I am excited to go out with my daughter for lunch this Saturday, too!  That is going to be a lot of fun.  I asked her this morning if she wanted to go with me.  She accepted my invitation.  I had gotten up early this morning and cooked her a breakfast of scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and buttered biscuits.  She had a great morning this morning and I am so glad for that!
      I am still fighting with the devil over this cold I have.  But I am going to win, because it was already won on the cross.  He has no authority to make me feel cruddy or tired.  None.  Back off devil!  Get behind me in the name of Jesus!
      Tonight I am going to pan fry some ribeyes like they do on America's test kitchen.  Very good recipe.  Maybe boilled potatoes or pasta salad and some other veggies, like green beans, and large butter beans.  Tomorrow I am making chili.  I make my own seasoning and I love my cornbread recipe, too.  It is very flavorful with stoneground cornmeal and fresh herbs and butter in the batter.
      My mom moved up this past weekend and my husband emptied her moving truck in about an hour!  He was on fire again!  He is good, I tell you what, praise God for strong men!  She seems to be enjoying her new home and is thankful for the blessings our God has bestowed upon her.  Our daughter has really been enjoying her time with her as well.  She got to spend the night once already!
     I am going to start a new college class in a few days, it will be on 1 John.  I am excited because Lawson Perdue teaches it and he is one of my favorite teachers at CBC.
     Well, I need to do some real life things...have a blessed week ahead everyone!  What do you like to bring to church functions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!