Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pervy meter reader

          I usually do not do this, but I just have to say something.  Our local utility company, Decatur Utilities, comes out and checks our electricity meter once a month.  We have had the same meter reader the entire time we have lived her, around 8 years.  The guy, I think his name is Carl, has parked in the same place to do our neighborhood readings every month for these past 8 years.  He parked across the street from the front of our house.
      Our house sits back a little from the road and so no one can see in the windows from the road unless it is night time and you have the curtains open.  So, I still nurse my son and sometimes walk around the house with my breasts exposed for a moment because I am doing something with my son.  But you can not see me unless you are spying on me or in my house...lol.  But one day I look up, while standing in my living room and I swear I see that meter reader sitting in his truck and when I looked at him he threw down his binoculars and tore out of there.
      I wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe I was wrong, maybe I did not see binoculars.  But then why did he practically peel out of there in such a hurry.  He has never done that before. In fact he talks way too much and will hold you hostage in your yard for a good hour if you let him.  In fact, I know way too much about the man.  Like how his little brother died by getting run over in front of them.  How his older daughter is married to an abusive hispanic man that Carl seems to abhorr.  He comes across as racist, a little.  But that is his issues that he has to bring to God, not mine.  The meter reader seemed nice enough...if not a little too friendly all these years.  But I have always been cautious with him.  I usually shut the blinds that are on the side of the meter when I know he is out there because I did not want him looking into my home.  Then I catch him with binoculars looking into my home?!
      So I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.  But then the next month, out of the blue, he parks in a different spot across the street.  He parks to where when I look out my front window, I can barely see him from behind the bush in my yard.  Hmm.  Why the sudden move after 8 years of the same place?  Then the month after that he decided to park on my side of the street but between mine and my neighbors house..  Weird!  Which bothers me even more because I do not usually see that he is there, which means he could be really pervy and sneaking around on me even more!
      I do not know what to do, but if you have D.U. for utilities and you have Carl, I believe that is his name, I am not that good with random names like that, then make sure you shut your blinds.  Did I mention that he said he used to teach tennis and would love to give me and my daughter free lessons?!  All this before I caught him peeping in my windows.  If I see him coming around again I will call on him.  I am doing my best to be compassionate and giving him a chance to repent because I do not want to ruin someone's life for one mistake.  But if he keeps being creepy I will have to.  
      I am not going to be followed by him either.  A week or two ago we went to the park to just relax and hang out and creepy Carl shows up and decides to talk with the landscape workers for over 20 minutes.  Just standing around doing nothing!   All the while facing us where we were laying and reading the Bible. If I have another run in with him again, I am going to contact the police.
Here is the photo I snapped of him having gone to the park not long after we walked there from our home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!