Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thank God for dinner tonight

     I am going to start blogging more about the foods I am thankful for making for my family.  Tonight I am going to make a Cannellini Chicken chili.  It is more like a chowder, I guess.  Because I add a variety of vegetables to it.  But I use a white chicken chili seasoning.   Today I am going to add fresh corn off the cob to it.  I am not sure what else as of yet.
      Right now I am making a pot of chicken broth to save for a black bean soup I want to make later in the week.  It is a recipe I will adapt from Jacques Pepin.  I have some old green onions, zucchini, kale green bits, rosemary, salt and pepper, and a little butter and oil in the broth along with the chicken breasts I will use in my chili tonight.   I may not use all of the chicken breasts.  But what is left I can use to make chicken and rice or make a broccoli rice casserole with chicken added?  I will see.
       Earlier I took the bag of chopped kale I had in the fridge and I took out all of the big stems and the bad pieces.  I put a bunch of those in the broth pot.  My toddler prefers the taste of kale to spinach.  I do, as well.  So, I sauté the kale in a cast iron skillet with seasonings and the other veggies I might want on a pizza, like chopped broccoli and onions and garlic.  Then they have less water and will not water down the pizza.  Plus they add a lot of great flavor.  I usually season them with salt, minute pepper, and garlic powder.  It really makes a homemade pizza or the take and bake pizzas taste really over the top when you add sautéed veggies to it!  Everyone, even non veggie loves can appreciate them when they are seasoned right and put on a pizza.
      I made bread earlier in the week.  That turned out well considering I forgot to add the salt to the recipe.  The bread rose faster and had a more potent yeasty taste to it.  But it turned out fine other wise. Will work well for sandwiches.
      I promised a coworker of my husband's a coconut cheesecake pie this week.  His wife suddenly asked for a divorce after they sold their home to move into an apartment in a new town with better schools.  He is really bummed.  He used to eat the pies in the past with his son and they both enjoyed them, so I thought it would be a nice thing to do for him and his boy.  I talked to him about how God wants us to love one another and it is a choice, not a feeling.  God's kind of love is not a feeling but a decision we must make every day to do.  We talked a while and he wants me to try to talk to his wife via the mail,  That is because she does not know me and might not be receptive if she knew it was him involved.  Plus, divorce affects 3 generations of people.  Not just your kids.  Your grandkids get affected, too. It has BIG reprocutions.  Please pray for Matt and his wife so that they will be able to keep their family together and not get a divorce.
      Well I have to check on lunch.  That is a naan pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!