Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Thank you for your bounty oh Lord

      This weekend we made two kinds of marmalade.  One is a Five Fruit Marmalade.  It has limes (my favorite), lemons, tangerines, oranges, and grapefruit in it.  The second one is Pineapple Lemon Marmalade.  Interesting difference in the recipes.  The 5 Fruit called for cooking the rinds and then removing, thus adding a bitterness to the marmalade.   But the Pineapple Lemon called for discarding the rinds altogether.  So that marmalade is actually very sweet and tastes like a jam!  Which is excellent for those who normally do not like marmalades.  I am going to make a grapefruit marmalade next and probably keep the rinds out so it is not bitter.  I like the zest in...that is tasty!
The 5 Fruit, fruits, about to be finely blended and added to the pot.

The rinds and zest cooking for the 5 Fruit Marmalade.


This is the Pineapple Lemon Marmalade cooking.

All done!  Both batches standing together for a photo.
      I am very thankful for all God has given me.  I am so blessed.  I am a fool every time I complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!