Thankful for today 7/26/12

Thank you Lord for helping me finish my first year of Charis Bible College. Thank you for your wisdom! Thank you for the call you have for all of us!
Thank you for clean running water...electricity...toilet paper...and baby wipes.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hmm

    I am very thankful for the attitude of wanting to provide that my husband has.  He works hard at his job for us.   I am very thankful for that about him.  That being said.  I am praying that he will seek help from God for his anger.   He is not physically abusive or anything like that.  The anger takes a toll on the family nonetheless.  It spreads and is not edifying in any way.
     My dad was very angry. If he did not have his marijuana he was really mean.  If he did not have marijuana he would drink sometimes and he would always be mean when he drank.  He would wake up angry all the time, too.  So, weekends were never something to look forward to.  He would yell at you to start cleaning before you were even out of bed.  My dad was verbally abusive and not nice to my mom either.  So, I do not do well with angry men.  I do not like being, or living with angry people.
    I am very mellow and happy, for the most part.  I do get angry every now and then.  It is usually when I have asked someone to quit doing something that hurts my feelings and they keep doing it to me.  But my husband seems to have anger as his standard emotion to go to.  I let him know tonight how that is not something I enjoy.  I told him if he loved me he would put an end to acting this way, like my dad, so I can have some peace.  30+ years of angry men is enough for me.  If things do not change soon, then I will have to make a change.  I do not want my children growing up with this kind of environment any longer.  I grew up with it and only wanted men that treated me poorly on a certain level.  The ones that were golden I ended up not staying with.  And that is not right.  I want my daughter to be treated like a princess and her husband to be her prince.  I want her to be adored and honored.  I want her to respect and submit to him.  I want it to be Godly.  I want God to pick her husband.
   Well, I have to go put my son to bed.  I would like to write more...maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! God loves you very much!